The release of StarCraft Supplement 6: Fire and Fury is accompanied by a simply massive update. This update not only fixed countless problems and typos (largely thanks to the discord community), but also possesses lots of balance fixes and even some new content! Lets go over the list of changes that hit the game system.
Important Core Game Updates
These are core changes to the game system that can majorly impact the way people play the game, so pay close attention.
· Added a section at the beginning of the encounter chapter detailing the order of operations of when effects occur at the beginning of your turn. In simple terms, you chose to sustain or maintain effects first, then negative effects occur, then positive effects happen.
· When using an area of effect attack, such as a burst or cone, the attack applies against all allies that are adjacent to an enemy effected by the attack. Thus, if your ally is adjacent to an enemy that is within a burst 2 area you create, your ally will also be hit by the attack. This is a very important change to make area of effect weapons more dangerous to use and less effective as precision sniping instruments.
· The Charge action is now a full-round action, instead of a standard + move, and makes you flat-footed until the start of your next turn. This should reduce over utilization on charges and make it more of a strategic choice rather than the expected action.
· Vitals wounds against non-vehicles now deal +5 damage
· You must be within 6 squares of a target to provide flanking with a ranged weapon
· Burst attacks do not deal half damage on missed attacks when used outside their base range
· The Reinforcement trait of vehicle armors now removes 1 additional crippling wound per equipment tier of the armor. Vehicles, especially at high levels, were overly susceptible to taking numerous wounds.
Protoss Class Changes
As part of this update, we performed major changes to several protoss classes, that will drastically change how those classes are played and whether or not people will take them.
· Psychic Warrior
o Nerazim Psychic Warrior’s ability, Shadow Strike, now has a range of 30 squares and a jump distance of 6 squares between targets, and targets are flat-footed.
o Tal’darim Psychic Warrior’s ability, Blood Haze, now blinds the target for 2 rounds instead of stunning for 1 round.
o Tal’darim Psychic Warrior’s ability, Merciless Hunger, only gives a healing threshold upon killing an enemy on a 12+
· Psychic Master
o Tal’darim Psychic Master’s ability, Feed, only gives a healing threshold upon kill an enemy on a 12+
o Elite Commander class now gives the Symbol of Command ability as a generalist feature at level 1. Symbol of Command increases your melee damage based on morale. The Sovereign class variant also has this.
o Elite Commander class now gives the Flexible Strategy ability as a generalist feature at level 4. Flexible Strategy allows you to activate all possible leadership augmentations at once. The Sovereign class variant also gains this.
o Aiur Commander Battle Synergy ability now affects all allies under leadership, not just Aiur protoss
o Nerazim Commander Shadow Mark ability now adds to accuracy and works with all allies under leadership, not just nerazim
o The passive bonus of Dark Prelate Mastery has doubled
o Purifier Commander’s Empowered Data Link now works with purifiers or any ally with a digital uplink of crystalline computing array
o All Fateweavers, including class variants, gain the new Influential ability at level 1. This ability allows them to target 3 enemies with combat influence at once. For the Manipulator variant, this increases to 5 enemies with Manipulator Mastery II.
o The Fatewearver’s Doomsayer ability now lasts 1 round
o Elite Fateweavers gain the Impair Instincts ability at level 1. This allows them to use Doomsayer on zerg, primal zerg, infested terrans, and animals.
o Elite Fateweavers of the Authoritarian variant gain Greater Despair at level 1. This allows the Despair ability to do double damage, and function at medium range.
o Elite Fateweavers of the Manipulator variant gain the Bewilder Instincts ability at level 1. This allows them to use their Confuse ability on zerg, primal zerg, infested terrans, and animals, as well as giving them +5 to checks to confuse terrans and protoss.
o Tal’darim Elite Favor’s Power from Pain ability only generates gives a healing threshold on a natural dice roll of 12+.
o Chronicles now stack. Every new chronicle you put on an ally gives that benefit in addition to the previous different chronicles and refreshes the duration
o Chronicles can be applied to protoss and terrans
o Elite Scholar now gives a new subrace specific ability at level 1 for the Aiur, Nerazim, and Purfier subraces. Aiur gains Blended Knowledge. Nerazim gain Psionic Inspiration. Purifiers gained Protected Data Archive.
o The Faith chronicles no longer gives free morale levels, and the morale bonus is reduced by half
o The Purification chronicles has had its bonus power damage reduced to 5 per rank
o The Utter Darkness chronicles has had its bonus rending reduced to 2 per rank
o The Stewardship chronicle no longer specifically works on terrans, instead it gives damage threshold in addition to defense
o The Relatable Story ability of the Lorekeeper variant now instead gives advantage on lore checks to apply chronicles.
o The Infinite Understanding ability of the Aiur Sc